Beachy Ornament DIY
Posted by Colleen Miller on
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 cup Baking Soda
3/4 cup Water
1. Put on some Christmas music.
2. Mix all ingredients together over medium heat, for 5-10 minutes while stirring, until dough resembles mashed potatoes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Once cooled, roll out onto parchment paper and use rolling pin to get desired thickness. I found that 1/4" works well, anything thinner than that thickness is more susceptible to cracking.
5. Cut out with cookie cutters or make your own designs. This dough looks really nice with different textures. You can use toothpicks, straws, anything to create designs with. You can even use 3-D cookie cutters for adding dimension.
6. Poke a hole in your ornament near the top with a straw so you have a way to hang them!
7. Bake on parchment paper at 175 degrees for about 2 hours.
8. When these are finished baking, you can also add glitter, sequins, paint, or a glossy sealer for added decoration.
9. Hang them on your tree, give out for gifts, and have fun!
xoxo ~ Colleen